The Driver Education Program is a requirement for all new Maryland drivers, regardless of age. This program prepares drivers to obtain their driver's license by completing 30-hr class instruction and 6-hr in-car lessons.
Complete Driver's Ed in 3 Easy Steps:
STEP 1 - Classroom Instruction $250$50 Deposit to Start | Balance Due on Last Day | Minimum Age 15
(class is 10 days, 3 hours/day)
- Permit: NOT REQUIRED to take the class, but you will need it for driving lessons.
- Online Class: Connect via Zoom with desktop, laptop, tablet or cell phone.
- Class Link: A few days before class students will be emailed the class link.
- Mandatory: Students MUST attend Day 1, students are visible in the camera the entire class & participates.
- Day 1: Parent Orientation - Parent attendance highly RECOMMENDED for students under 18. Parents will learn about our policies, roles & responsibilities, and gain insight on how to instruct their new driver on the road.
- Day 10: Balance due and final exam is administered and must pass with an 80% or higher to move onto Step 2.
- Payment: (pay-as-you-go), pay with a deposit to start class and the balance is due on the last day of class.
- Register: Select the "Register" button to view the schedule and to make your payment online with debit or credit card, NO cash, NO checks, NO money orders.
STEP 2 - In-Car Lessons $75 each3 Lessons Required | PERMIT REQUIRED
(for current students who completed their classroom instruction with us)
- When Can I Schedule: any time after the student has passed the classroom final exam.
- # of Lessons Required: (3) two-hour lessons.
- Mandatory: a valid learner's permit, passed classroom final exam, and has NO remaining balance .
- How to Schedule Lessons: call or email the office to coordinate your availability with open slots (410-902-9998, AdvanceDriveNow@gmail.com)
- How to Pay for Lessons: After your lessons dates are choosen the fee will be added to your account. You can then log into your student account and pay with debit or credit card.
- Cancel/Reschedule: Must be done thru the student account for immediate update to our calendar & to avoid late cancellation fee.
- Lesson 3: Final Exam is administered (must pass with a minimum of 80%).
- Additional Lessons, Private Lessons, or Transfer Students: Visit the Private Lesson page for details and cost.
STEP 3 - Pass Final Exams | Done!Course completion is sent to MVA electronically
- How do I complete Driver's Ed: Must pass the final for BOTH Classroom Instruction & In-Car Lessons with a minimum of 80%.
- Electronic Submission to MVA: The driving school will submit your completion electronically to the MVA within 24 hours of your last lesson. You will NOT need to bring any proof of completion to your driving test.
- When can I schedule my Driver's Skills Test: Wait 3
business days after your last lesson to ensure the submission has updated to the MVA system.
Select here to check if you qualify to take the driver's skills test.
Total for Step 1 & 2 is $475. Pay for each step separately.REGISTER
- This registration allows you to pay for step 1 & 2 separately
- 1st, select the register button to signup & pay for class, pass final, move on to step 2
- 2nd, signup & pay for in-car lessons
- Select the plus symbol above to see detailed requirements