DRIVER'S ED CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
(REGISTER FOR IN-CAR LESSONS SEPARATELY)
Program Cost: $250 ($100 deposit to start)
To complete the Driver Education course, students must successfully complete the state-required 36-hour course which includes 30-hour classroom instruction and 6-hour behind-the-wheel lessons (with a minimum passing grade of 80% on the final exam for each).
THIS COURSE IS FOR CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION ONLY. First, students will register and complete the classroom instruction. Once the class is successfully completed students will sign up for behind-the-wheel instruction which includes (3) two-hour lessons.
The class and behind-the-wheel lessons have a pay-as-you-go payment. Each is paid for separately as you progress through the program.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years old to take the classroom instruction
- A permit is NOT required to take the classroom instruction, (permit is required for in-car instruction).
- First day of class attendance is mandatory. If a student misses the first day, they will not be permitted to attend the remainder of the 30-hour classroom instruction and will need to enroll in a future session.
- The first day is also parent orientation for students under the age of 18. Parents will learn about our policies, roles, and responsibilities and gain some insight on how to instruct their new driver on the road.
- Classroom instruction is normally online, in the evening, Mon-Fri, 3 hours each day for 2 weeks (check the schedule for in-person class dates). Days and times of class may vary. Special hours may be scheduled around Holidays or in the event of inclement weather.
- Please note if the class in which you are enrolled has not reached the minimum number of students, you will be asked to enroll in a different class or offered a refund.
- Click the register button to view our current schedule and signup for class.
Online Class Requirements:
- You can connect to the online classroom using a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone with an internet connection. VISUAL ATTENDANCE IN THE CAMERA IS MANDATORY so your device must have a camera as well as audio, and a microphone for class participation.
- A few days before class begins you will receive an email with instructions and a link to connect to the online classroom.
In-Person Class Requirements:
- Report to the address on the email reminder
- Mask required