DRUG & ALCOHOL PROGRAM
CONVERT YOUR OUT-OF-COUNTRY LICENSE TO A MARYLAND LICENSE
COST: $99 Cash
This 3-hour Drug & Alcohol course is required by Maryland for drivers who have a valid out-of-country driver's license and need to convert it to a Maryland State Driver's license.
The Drug & Alcohol Prg consists of 3 Steps:
Step 1 - Classroom Instruction & Exam (Online)
Step 2 - Submit Documents & Payment
Step 3 - Completion Sent to MVA
STEP 1 - Classroom Instruction & ExamOnline Class | 3 Hours | Final Exam | No Payment Due Yet
- Online Class: Connect via Zoom with desktop, laptop, tablet or cell phone.
- Class Link: A few days before class students will be emailed the class link.
- Register: Click the "Register" button to view the schedule and register for class.
- Payment: NO PAYMENT is due until you pass the final exam.
- Mandatory: Students are visible in the camera the entire class & participates.
- Final Exam: Administered online at the end of class and students must pass with a minimum of 80% to pass the course.
- Retest: If student fails the exam, they must retest after 24 hours with a retest fee of $15.
STEP 2 - Documents & Payment $99In-Person | Submit Documents | CASH Payment w/Exact Amount
- Meet In-Person: After passing the final exam students will be given a date to meet in-person to turn in REQUIRED documents and submit CASH payment.
- Required Documents: ID that prove your age and identity, such as a passport, valid out-of-country driver's license, State of Maryland ID card, Green card or other U.S. immigration documents if you have them.
- Payment: $99 payment is due before students receive their Certificate of Completion.
- Payment Type: PAYMENT IS DUE IN CASH, Exact Amount. No Change Given.
- Certificate of Completion: : Once you have completed the program, you will be awarded a Drug & Alcohol Certificate of completion that is valid for one year.
STEP 3 - Completion sent to MVAPass the Final Exam | Electronic Submission to MVA
- Qualifications to pass: Must pass the final exam with a minimum of 80% and have no balance on student account.
- Electronic Submission to MVA: Advance Drive Now will submit your completion electronically to the MVA within 24 hours of your exam date.